The Lorient Curved Fin Batwing® acoustic and smoke seal minimises the opening and closing resistance of the door leaf due to its unique, curved fins.
- Location – Head and jambs of single and double leaf doors
- Standard Lengths – 2.1m
- Min/Max gap size – 3mm/4mm
Batwing Door Seals
Fixing: Supplied with strong self-adhesive tape, tested on many surfaces, including MDF – suitable for internal use only.
Flexible elastomeric fin material springs back to original shape to provide ongoing performance and durability in service.
The symmetrical design ensures fins are always in contact with two surfaces of the door leaf, creating an air chamber to provide excellent acoustic properties.
- Acoustic: BS EN ISO 10140-2:2010 + A1. Will achieve a rating of 31dB Rw when tested on a typical FD30 door assembly, in conjunction with a LAS8001 si threshold seal – no additional perimeter seal required.
- Smoke: BS EN 1634-3: 2004
- Smoke: BS 476 Pt.31.1; effective smoke seal up to 200°C
- Durability: 1 million cycles
- Other: Protects against draught and light
- BBA (92/2841)
- Certifire (CF5179)
Use with practically any threshold door bottom and drop seals. LAS8001 an automatic seal is recommended for optimum acoustic properties.
Available in 12 standard colours.